Being diagnosed with cancer can be an overwhelming thing. The doctors will likely say to you you're going to walk away with something called 'cancer fog' - where you're given all the information all at once and you walk away not necessarily remembering any of it.
Now I'm by no means an expert. I'm just a guy living with cancer. But here's a few resources I've found that have helped me. I'll keep adding to them as I find more.
- Cancer Dictionary - Lots of words, lots of meaning
- Health Direct - Government health advice, tips and support
- The Peter Mac Centre (Victoria) - Leading cancer centre in Australia
- Carer Help - Advice for people looking after people with cancer
- The National Public Toilet Map - Does what it says on the label
- The Cancer Council Australia - National organisation