Resources for people with cancer
Being diagnosed with cancer can be an overwhelming thing. The doctors will likely say to you you're going to walk away with something called 'cancer fog' - where you're given all the information all at once and you walk away not necessarily remembering any of it.
Now I'm by no means an expert. I'm just a guy living with cancer. But here's a few resources I've found that have helped me. I'll keep adding to them as I find more.
- Cancer Dictionary - Lots of words, lots of meaning
- Health Direct - Government health advice, tips and support
- The Peter Mac Centre (Victoria) - Leading cancer centre in Australia
- Carer Help - Advice for people looking after people with cancer
- The National Public Toilet Map - Does what it says on the label
- The Cancer Council Australia - National organisation